Movie Premier, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Sky TV usually gives out movie premier tickets to their customers but I always give it a miss because we don't have anyone that could look after Poj for us. But when I received an email about this movie, I logged into my Sky account to check if they are showing it in any cinema within our area. I booked tickets for two straight away when I saw one in Eastleigh which is 6 miles (17 minutes) away from us that would start at 6pm.  I thought that was early enough that we could ask one of our friends which Poj knows if they could look after him for 2 hours. But I didn't realised that it would be the day after the long weekend so we decided against it coz we know our friends have just come back from an out of town trip for the Easter weekend.

Luckily one of my friends was available at the last minute and I didn't have to cancel the tickets after all. We didn't know anything about the movie but was just excited to go out.

The title of the movie is Salmon Fishing in the Yemen starring Ewan McGregor, Emily Blunt and Kristin Scott Thomas. It was a simple movie about a wealthy Sheikh who brought salmon fishing to Yemen by employing a fisheries expert (McGregor), with a little love story on the side. I like the actors and the fact that this movie just flows, light, very predictable but still enjoyable. 

Nice movie and great company. Thanks Rach and thanks Sky TV for our free movie premier tickets =)

2 comments:

  1. Sarap talaga ng movie date with you loved one. Buti na lang talaga sis available ang isang friend to look after poj. If you are here and I am available, i'll do the honor of taking good care of poj, kahit overbight pa. hehe..

    I also like light movies. Yung tipong relax lang pag pinapanood at hindi yung para kang ma-heart attack. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I love predictable movies. Hindi kasi nakaka-stress saka light lang lahat. Buti na lang your friend was available at nakalabas kayo. Masarap talaga mag-unwind and relax minsan minsan.

    ReplyDelete