My Baby Poj

Monday 19 March 2012

Poj and I went to his room to go through his baby stuff. Poj played with his old toys while I tried to sort out which ones we could bring with us if we ever decide to go "car booting" in the summer. 

I saw his old bath and put some of his old toys and shoes in there. Poj asked me what I was doing and I explained that I'm sorting out his things, segregating the ones he is no longer using to make room for his new stuff. I told him that he is now a big boy so all his baby stuff must go. That's when he became protective of his old things, lay down on his moses basket and said he still fits and would sleep there tonight, lol =)

I can't help but feel a bit sad as I sort through his toy boxes. How can he grow up so fast? I can still remember decorating that very room while we patiently await his arrival. And now we are removing his baby stuff coz he would soon be 3, big boy na daw, soon to be a pre-schooler... 

In the end he agreed to let go of his moses basket but hung on to his soft toy, Ely (the elephant). I wouldn't dare get rid of that, it was one of his comfort toys as a baby. 

I hope to get some more clearing out done in time for summer. And Poj, don't grow up too fast =)

2 comments:

  1. I understand the sadness. Kids really grows so fast. We can't slow them down and all we can do is to spend more time with them. I love Ely, I understand why Poj can't let it go. It's so adorable and the moses  basket, the next owner is lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krizzy_kalokangPinay19 March 2012 at 23:21

    I know sis. Kaya nga thankful ako sa mga Mondays and Tuesdays namin together =)
    Thanks. Sana nga lang ay wag ng paglaruan ni Poj para hindi masira, hehe.

    ReplyDelete