Unexpected Letter

22 February 2012

We got home a little late than usual today. We picked up some meds from the chemist and grabbed dinner on our way home. I wasn't expecting any letters so was surprised when a letter was addressed to me. 

The letter was from the House of Commons. The House of Commons is the lower house of the Parliament of the UK. It is a democratic body consisting of 650 members who are known as MPs or Members of Parliament (similar to our Congressmen at home). 

No, I was not in trouble or anything - though that could be ones first thought when you receive a letter from the government, haha! - Not that you've done something wrong, tamang duda lang coz we don't get these kinds of letters back home! 
Our MP for Southampton holds advice surgeries every month. I thought it is usually by appointment, what I didn't realize is that they also send out random invites like this where you could bring someone and drop in on the said time and date with any query or issue you may have with his work or about your area. 

I have not decided if I would go or what I would ask if I do decide to. I'm not really very interested in politics but I guess it's great that they have sessions like these where you raise your concerns. 

8 comments:

  1. Ayan na, hehehe, I was waiting for today's picture sis, pero wag ka ma-pressure. enjoy lang talaga ako dito. hehehe. I was about to ask you sis if House of Commons is equivalent to our House of Representative and before I coudl ask, nabasa ko na hehehe.

    It's a good way to keep and maintain good governance. Sana meron ding ganyan dito. Though the government has websites we're not sure if questions will be answered. Speaking of government, alam mo sis nagsend ako ng email the website ng President, hahaha about the incident. Sabi ko it's just  a small matter pero sana bigyang pansin. I am really serious about making actions. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww.. you're right it could be scary to receive letter like that. But it's nice that have sessions like that. Attend ka na, para ma-experience mo. hehe.. Parang guto ko tuloy ng ganitong blog din. kaso, I don't think i could get enough picture pag andito lang ako. hehe.. pero I'm thinking of putting up a photo blog na din. madali lang kasi pic lang and konti salita.. hehe.. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get scared too sis Krizzy..wahhhhhhh..at first I thought something was really wrong..but it is one way for your government there to reach out to people which I think is good..passing by Krizzy magandang umaga..kape tayo hihihi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh, that's really nice the the government does that :)  Sana may ganyan din sa pinas hehe takot lang ng mga politikos siguro kasi puro reklamo talaga ang matatanggap nila LOL

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krizzy_kalokangPinay28 February 2012 at 21:54

    It is sis, I know they hold it pero di ko alam na they send out random invites =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krizzy_kalokangPinay28 February 2012 at 21:56

    You should have seen Papa E's face! 
    It is a great way to talk to your constituents and I'm glad that they hold theses sessions. Sana nga mas involved ako para may masabi ako pag pumunta ako doon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krizzy_kalokangPinay28 February 2012 at 21:59

    I'm still thinking about it. Gusto ko kasi kapag pumunta ako may sense yung itatanong ko or sasabihin =)
    Haha, this kind of blog suits me sis. I'm a talker but never a good writer hence this blog is perfect. Some days kung di lang ako attached na sa KP kong blog eto na lang ang itutuloy ko.
    Ok lang yun sis. Ako din naman most days asa indoors lang kasi winter. Naghahanap lang talaga ng mapopost. Minsan nga late na bago dumating ang inspiration sa akin eh =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Krizzy_kalokangPinay28 February 2012 at 22:00

    Naku sis sana mapansin yung letter. Naku kung meron dyan ng similar sessions such as this meron na akong pwedeng ireklamo sa kanila. Hayz, we still have a lot of political maturing to do, kalungkot

    ReplyDelete